Friday, December 17, 2010

Review: Agnes and the Hitman


Agnes and the HitmanAgnes and the Hitman by Jennifer Crusie

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I love Jennifer Crusie's books. I read this one in a few hours last night, finishing it after midnight. Not only are her books fast reads, but they're also engrossing enough to distract me from my own life whil I read. Last night, that was a blessing.



Agnes is a lifestyles columnist in the newspaper, writing about food. She's also the author of a popular cookbook called Mob Food. Her friend Joey "the Gent" posed on the cover for her. Her life is going well right now. She's happy in her work, starting a new venture with her fiance, she's bought the home she loved all her life . . . and it's all going to fall apart when a young man tries to steal her dog.



The dognapper dies (while Agnes's blows to his head with a frying pan didn't help, he died when he fell through a basement door), and this event becomes the catalyst that will change Agnes and her life forever. Joey calls in his nephew because he knows Agnes isn't safe. He's concerned that the events of 25 years ago are going to come to light, destroying numerous lives in the process. Joey knows Shane will keep Agnes safe, but he doesn't realize how much that one call will change Shane's life.



I dearly loved this book. It was funny, entertaining, sexy, and a simply good read. I've only read this the once, but I have a feeling that it may go on my list of comfort reads. It comforted me last night, and I'll remember that.



View all my reviews

No comments: