Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Review: World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War


World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War
World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War by Max Brooks

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



I'm not a zombie fan. I don't go out of my way to watch zombie movies or read zombie books.

But I do enjoy a good zombie story (book or film), and this one was fantastic. The best zombie stuff that I've run into over the years hasn't been about the shuffling undead. Instead, it's about survival and what we're willing to do to see the next day.

Basically, it's the ultimate expression of naturalism, where the world is truly hostile and out to wipe you off the face of the planet. In that vein, wouldn't Jack London's "To Build a Fire" have been better with zombies?



View all my reviews

No comments: