Monday, January 19, 2009

Kitty and the Dead Man's Hand (Kitty Norville, Book 5) Kitty and the Dead Man's Hand by Carrie Vaughn


My review


rating: 2 of 5 stars
I found this book to be a disappointment. Unless I misremember, a "dead man's hand" is a corspe's hand soaked in wax and used as a thief's tool. There was no dead man's hand in this novel.



Since it takes place in Vegas, it could be that the "dead man's hand" refers to a hand of cards, at which point I would have to say that I find that level of punning to be painful.



The book itself was entertaining. Kitty goes to Vegas to get married and runs into all sorts of trouble with hunters and the supernatural community in general. Hmm. That sounds like the other books in this series--except the wedding part. I find it strange that the next book is going to be released in March. Perhaps these two should have been released together as one book? I can't speculate about that too much, except to say this one ends with a cliffhanger, which has not been Vaughn's habit to date.


View all my reviews.

No comments: