Monday, March 21, 2011

Review: River Marked


River Marked (Mercedes Thompson, #6)River Marked by Patricia Briggs

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Thank you, Jasmine, for allowing me to borrow your copy of this book!

This is another solid entry in the Mercy Thompson series. I enjoyed the story as well as the character development. I don't want to reveal secrets and provide spoilers, so I will simply say that this book finally explores some of the mysteries of Mercy's heritage. The answers we are given here are both surprising and believable. Briggs continues to use the landscape of the Columbia Basin to enrich her story, and her deep grounding in the setting adds weight to the novel.

I would have liked to see more development for some of the new characters, and the novel does seem to resolve itself quickly. But that could be because this is a fast novel and took me roughly five hours to read.

Overall, each Mercy Thompson book reminds me why I enjoy them so much and leaves me eager to follow her further adventures.



View all my reviews

No comments: