Monday, March 30, 2015

Review: The Assassin's Curse


The Assassin's Curse
The Assassin's Curse by Cassandra Rose Clarke

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



I listened to this book as an audiobook, and some of my fondness for it likely has to do with the narrator's voice. She did an excellent job of creating Ananna's personality through her tone and accent. Naji was not as well performed, but he didn't speak often, so it was forgivable.

This was a good, fun, book about a girl that makes decisions and has adventures. It was not perfect. I don't think we understand enough about why Ananna makes the choices she does. For instance, her decision to run from the marriage seems sudden and poorly thought out at the moment of its execution. And her adventures are frustrating in that she does too much following--the decisions about where she needs to go and why are made by others. But it was a fun read nonetheless, and I'm likely to reread it.



View all my reviews

No comments: