Friday, November 26, 2010

Review: Magic Under Glass


Magic Under Glass (Magic Under, #1)Magic Under Glass by Jaclyn Dolamore

My rating: 2 of 5 stars


The premise of this book was quite promising, and Dolamore's writing was very good. However, I found myself deeply frustrated because the story lacked depth. Events moved too quickly--there was no building sense of dread, and I found myself unable to suspend my disbelief long enough to accept that the relationships among the characters developed as quickly as they did.



There are some similarities here to Jane Eyre, but I think Dolamore missed the long-building, slow burning, but incredibly intense relationships of that novel. Everything here moves so quickly that I cannot accept that characters would be willing to sacrifice so much for someone so unknown.



View all my reviews

No comments: